Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did you feel it?

That's right...Illinois...
Earthquake....4.3
Did I feel it? Sure, but I had no idea what it was. I was driving.....

the last two days we have received so much snow...it has been so slippery, that when my car started to drift to the left, I assumed I had hit a slushy patch (kind of odd for 4 a.m. actually).

I was driving and I could feel my car start to drift, you know, you get that butterfly feeling in your belly and you start thinking... "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, please no please no please no" and then everything is back to normal..drive and mind your own business while wiping the new bullets of sweat off your brow.

It wasn't until I got to work that we were asked....did you feel it? So...that is what that was huh..... had you not told me, I would have been none the wiser, just thinking my car was being stupid that morning. That's right...stupid...an inanimate object under my power being stupid.... you would thinking after 10 years of having this car, I'd know it like the back of my hand. LOL I knew it was odd the way it was responding on my way to work, to drift like that is totally abnormal. Oh...and that's right *pats on back* I have had the same beautiful 1997 Buick Skylark Sedan....for 10 years :)

She's only been in the body shop once for repairs......A pedestrian hit my car. Yep, you heard me right, a pedestrian hit my car, not the other way around. I was driving down the road (inside lane), he bolted across the street through traffic and hit my passenger side fender and door. Police found me not to be at fault, because of where he hit my car. Had I not tried to stop, he might not have hit me at all. But I saw him, I applied the brakes and was stopped, when he ran knee first into my car. The police were beside themselves. So was I...a mess in tears, blubbering away because I thought I was at fault, that I had hit him. That I had just injured another human. I had seen him at full sprint, he was going so fast, his forward momentum, he couldn't stop. Just *wham* It's not everyday you see a face in your window. It took about 30 minutes to convince me it was the other way around.

Someday I'll trade her in for something bigger...... someday. But for now.....she suits me just fine.

Later all....we have a committee meeting for Cub Scouts tonight......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather Bug Web Widget