Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all!

My day started out awesome...actually my Mom's day started yesterday. I came home from work, ate lunch and then sat down in the recliner. I passed out of exhaustion. I wasn't even meaning to take a nap, I just did. I woke up to fiond the dog laying on my side, my right leg completely numb and then it occurred to me I had a blanket covering me. I got up, and the house was quiet. They had covered me up and left to go shopping. How sweet was that? Dave wanted to take me out to dinner, but I begged off and instead we had chili at home. To me...it was great. I mean his plans were great too. He had given me a choice of three restaraunts....excellent choices... I would have loved nothing more than to go. But exhaustion said no and truthfully I would rather not spend the money...though you know inside I was drooling big time. But like I said, instead I made chili...an we stayed home...then here the fam had went shopping and spoiled me. He bought some ghiradelli choclates, Lindt truffles, chocolate cake, flavored coffee, roses, pistachios and that was just my surprise Saturday. Sunday morning I woke up to fresh coffee, cinnamon and spice oatmeal and a blueberry bagel. Then came the presents. Both boys made me homemade cards, and I had a store bought card. A little trinket here...a little trinket there, some jewelry, some from the store, some they acquired somehow, some plastic. I was spoiled :) I did get a set that I am slightly concerned with. Logan got me a necklace/earring set from Wal-Mart. I put them on anyway....saying a small prayer....please don't have nickle...oh please oh please, don't have nickle. I'll find out by morning..... but there was no way I wasn't going to put them on...he really likes the set he picked out. The necklace is a locket in the shape of a heart.....and the earrings are heart as well. I may wake up in the morning with swollen earlobes.....and then jewelry has been getting better at not adding nickle......let's just hope this is one of those cases.

Now I am just cleaning while I still have some energy. Working two jobs can take alot out of ya. I started putting my laundry away and that led to cleaning my room......the cat hair...holy cow..... can them cats shed. Then I worked my way into the laundry room. My dryer vent has ripped and I was leaking moist air into the house and lint. It has been like that for a while..I finally got tired of it and fixed it LOL yeah for duct tape. LOL vaccumed up the lint in the laundry room...which led to vaccumming the hallway LOL

Now I am sitting on my butt...waiting for the dryer to finish so I can do another load..the boys are in the shower and soon I will heat up the leftover chili and we can have dinner.

My little men love me :)

Happy Mother's Day to all :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I checked my email late as usual so now I am responding. I love your stories! You sure have a way with words girl! Sounds like you had a great mothers day and i'm glad you got some rest, you sure deserve it girl! See ya in the morning!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Weather Bug Web Widget